Friday, June 27, 2014

Phoenix Comicon 2014


This year I went to Phoenix Comicon for my third year in a row!
I stayed in a hotel room with some of my closest friends, and I decided I'd post a small recap of my experience at the convention. ♥



Convention was the first weekend in June this year.
However, the final week of May I got such a bad flu I ended up in the emergency room!

The good news is, when I was in the hospital for a day, my boyfriend and our friend Adam came to keep me company.

So, once I was out of bed for the first time in a week(!!) it was cosplay crunch time!

In no time, it was Thursday morning and we were leaving for Phoenix.

I was wearing Black Canary (however, the sunglasses were just for the drive).

We had a caravan of three cars driving all of our hotel mates, but one broke down on the Phoenix highway. This pushed back the time when we could check into the hotel, so we decided to make a visit to Ikea.
We had a lovely time walking around and we all (at least nine people!) sat down at one big table to have lunch together, and it was the happiest most fantastic meal ever. ♥ It was a really happy day.
Eventually, we checked into our hotel and I settled into our hotel room to sleep since my boyfriend couldn't be in Phoenix until the following day.
But not before I gave gifts to Eli and Adam (who were meant to be part of a group cosplay the following day).


Friday!! Not long after I woke up and got into my cosplay for that day, my boyfriend Noah showed up (Eli drove back down to Tucson to get him, which was really super lovely of him~) and we changed into our couples cosplay.
Which was-
Mordecai and Margaret from Regular Show! ♥
We didn't wear these around as much as we'd have liked to, but it was a fantastic time nonetheless. ♥

Saturday I wore my God Tier Jade cosplay. o:

And Sunday I wore my Gumi cosplay, and it's a new outfit from the video "Going My Way"!


All in all, it was a really fantastic con and I loved to spend it with friends, even when things got a little crazy. ♥ ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment